Saturday 8 September 2012

When do I tell him? - WHAT do I say?

Hello Blogland

Welcome to a deep and meaningful post - please feel free to"back away from the blog" - haha.... but I have a buzzing problem - buzzing round my brain, and my brain is too tired to flick it away...

Lucas has been going through the "New School Process!" and in hindsight - he has coped with it much easier than I have.   Lucas has "grown up" a bit this week.  He is 7, will be 8 at Christmas.

Here is my dilemma - and I would be very grateful for people's comments and views here, this is a genuine request for comments and feedback - (thanks for reading).

When do I tell him about his ASD Aspergers Condition?  How do I tell him?  Does he already know?   He already knows he has a special card for Queue Jumping, he has written about this in his School work, much to my surprise.

The reason it has come to a head now, is I have noted alot of children have "grown" over the summer holidays, and Lucas came home saying "A Child" teased me about my name... (part of his surname is Price), the child asked how much could he pay for him?   Lucas did not understand the joke.


Literal Thinking Strikes and Scores! - Literally!! - I just said, if they say it again, just say - "Oh I am too expensive..." - nothing - no reaction at all - my exceptionally bright little boy did NOT understand the irony.  

SO... is this a hint?  Is now the time to have a talk?   What do I say???  I am armed with a great picture book (All Cats Have Aspergers) is now the time to read it with him?

Can someone lend me a fly swat???

No comments:

Post a Comment