Monday 7 January 2013

New Year, New School Term, New Tennis Course

Hello Blogland

Today is New School Term Eve.

Lucas goes back to school tomorrow after a long and enjoyable Christmas Break.   Lucas had a great holiday!

2013 has well and truly started - and with this new year, we are signing him up for 2 Tennis Group Sessions each week! - yes, that child that could not cope with working in Groups and PE at School is now an established member of Lister Tennis Mini Tennis Orange Squad.   I have just dropped him off for the first session of the Year - and they were all sitting round the coffee table chatting about their holidays - and Lucas was sitting happily "glowing" sharing stories with his little friends.   It was a really lovely sight to see.   This is a major achievement! - one small step for man - one huge massive step for an ASD child!

Last year we tried with just one Squad meeting, with a separate 1-1 lesson each week - but this Term, we are going for 2 Groups! some of his friends are already in both groups so - it should only be a good thing!  - Social Networking - Lucas-Style!

Aspergers and Autism have been in the news recently for all the wrong reasons, since then a really great site has been created called http://www.facebook.com/AutismShines - I posted Lucas on there - there are lots of amazing stories on that site.  This site is brilliant.

Since joining that site I have also been reading a few more "Mom Blogs" that have filtered past me - phew I am not the only one, its lovely to read that there are others like me sailing the same boat upstream along the same scary river - (where did THAT come from????)

Melatonin is still my best friend.   I did a controlled experiment - it eased my mind! - I tried putting Lucas to bed without it one night - just to see - and the clock instantly rolled back 18 months! - and my poor little Lucas was instantly reverted back to how he was pre-diagnosis - and it was painful to see him saying "I have tried really hard mummy, but I just cannot get to sleep!" - Melatonin works for Lucas and looks like it will be in our lives to stay.

Why did I do this?   The Gremlin inside me with all the doubting questions needed to be quashed.  So I did!

ASD Parents will "understand" :-)

To all Parents with Children starting back at school tomorrow - Have a good day tomorrow!

Best wishes from the UK to all that read this.


Louise - calling LIVE from Lucasland



No comments:

Post a Comment