Monday 1 July 2013

Meetings and Meltdowns

Hello Blogland

A quick update.

How are you all?

Dayna - thanks for the nudge - and thanks for the chat, as usual, even though you are millions of miles away in China - you again prove that you "understand" me - please send friends the instruction manual :) - One day we will meet again in Starbucks and have a major face-to-face catch up - until then (((((((((((((thank you))))))))

ON A lighter note - I went on a Course - How to Deal With Meltdowns.    I hoped I could get some tips and tricks from it.

OK - it looks like I am a complete natural at Coping with Meltdowns - I thought I just used common sense - but - apparently not -

I have found out that I am an Expert on the Low Arousal Technique (oh I can see all the double entendres here! - I WISH! haha) - but apparently that is the name of the "Technique" - and apparently I am an expert at it.

*** The course was great - I just was really surprised that what I have been doing was 100% the correct way to cope - I was surprised - I didnt realise I have had the "LAT" serum injected into me :)

 GREAT I have found my Purpose!!!! -   NOW can I have a nice purpose?   One with wine? and flowers and holidays maybe?

I have decided I want to learn Sign Language - I think this will help alot.        I know that "Universal Sign Language is also extremely useful" haha - but I seriously think I should look into signing up for a course (haha) - does anyone know of any good ones?

Lucas moves on to Year 4 in September.   He is already doing Year 4 Maths - and finding it great fun.   His Teacher has finally set some great classroom procedures for him - that work for him - I hope that she makes sure his New Teacher carries on the techniques.

Until Next time...

Best wishes People!!!

(and for ASD People - Watch out for the Sledgehammers - they are hitting regularly at the moment! - must be the weather).

No comments:

Post a Comment