Tuesday 6 August 2013

Milestone - Lucas read All Cats have Aspergers

Hello Blogland

First of all, apologies, this post is being written "after a few private tears" have been shed.

For some reason - mid decluttering Lucas' toy pile - while looking for his Jenga - I decided we would sit down and read "All Cats have Aspergers" together.

Lucas read the book to me.

We discussed each picture (glossy photo of a different gorgeous cat on each page) and Lucas read the words - and discussed each statement.

It was a "one small step for man - one HUGE step for Lucas moment" - there were no tears on Lucas' side - just - that's right - that's me; turn the page - I agree, that's Me,   I'm like that - that's me.   Oh cool! - she's so cute!! (tickle cat under chin).

He was so calm and collected and almost at peace it was amazing.  Then I asked him what he thought, he said - its a great book - I wish there was a school for people like me......

That last part knocked me for 6 a bit.   I just said - maybe there is, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

THEN he went back to Minecraft - and said - but ... where is my Jenga?

Normal service resumed......

Post written in a very RAW state of mind.


Love and best wishes to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment