Friday 6 September 2013

Year 4 and the Sledgehammer Returns

Hello Blogland

How are you?

We had a great summer break - relaxing, no overnight breaks anywhere - but it was lovely just not being tied to the clock at all.

Year 4 started - I was a nervous wreck.   Lucas was fine - but I was a wreck.

I had not met Lucas' teacher, (there was an opportunity last term - but it wasn't convenient) - Lucas had had sessions with her so that was fine.

The Night Before School (Year 4) began I decided to type up a "Good Luck New Teacher Note"  and put it in his book bag.   I filled the letter with all the changes over the holidays that had happened - and told her that he was now aware of his condition - and was talking about it! - and politely asked her that if he did start suddenly talking about his condition - please don't shut him up but encourage him to talk - as I think this is his way of accepting things.

I didn't want to speak to his teacher on the first morning as she had 29 other little people to get to know - I thought a note would be best I also slipped one one of the NAS Aspergers Notification Cards in the envelope too - with his name on it.

Oh I think I covered the bases and prepared for New Year as best I could.

I saw the Teacher the next day - and she thanked me for the letter - saying it was fantastic! - and that Lucas had a great first day, and to come and chat to her at a moment's notice and other really positive "I read your note" words too.  WOW - a good start to the year!

At the end of Day Two, Lucas was at home, and suddenly the Sledgehammer Hit us - Hard! - A MAJOR UNEXPECTED "behaviour problem" appeared - and it was a shock to both Marcus and Myself - a big shock - completely unexpected - we dealt with it the best way we - as Lucas' Parents thought best -

Lucas then went into Major Meltdown and Meltdown proceedings took precedence, along with Meltdown recovery.   I don't know about other Parents - but it always takes me a good day or two to recover from one of Lucas' Meltdowns.   I think I am still reeling a bit - and its Friday.

I am also trying to fight the Depression Gremlin - I am going to win the fight with the Gremlin - he will NOT beat me.   He may think this week he has scored some points from me.   BUT I will not be beaten!

We were hoping to meet up with some friends next weekend.  BUT due to "lots of reasons" - our part of the reunion has had to go on hold - AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  - I think this is about the 10th time now.

I am finding it very hard to accept it - I am fed up of having to cancel all the potential nice aspects of my life ALL the time! - I want this to change.   I am not a selfish person - I am a loyal person - I bend over backwards to help others and just wish the goal posts would stay still and the obstacles stay away - I am pretty sure one of my friends thinks I cry wolf all the time.... but sadly I don't - I just have other obstacles thrown in my way instead.

Message to the Man Upstairs - My obstacle remover is now broken beyond repair - please stop sending me obstacles - thank you.

Love and best wishes to all my friends.



Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment