Sunday 24 June 2012

Lucas

Lucas is my 7 year old ASD Angel... often with a dirty and cheeky face!! - he is a real boy.

Lucas has been diagnosed and labelled with ASD Apergers, High Functioning Autism - with a spoonful of ADHD thrown in too.   Just for good measure...

He plays tennis and has a great tennis teacher, Mel - her lessons will feature here alot! - She is his "personal trainer!" and she is a major part of his life.

Lucas has major problems with Group Work and PE at school is a weakness.   1 hour and 45 minutes with Mel every week is a major strengh - she rules!

Academically Lucas is a little Genius - so that is a good sign! - He had a Year 1 Report last year.    57 statements, each graded "W" (working towards target) "A" Achieved Target  "*" Excellent and Excelled Target - the average child in his class got about 6 or 7 stars.    Lucas got 47 *s - we counted.   We were very proud of him.

He has socially improved in many areas over the last year - since diagnosis, and his sleeping is now under control.   This is still under control and not "cured" as this will not be the case.  I know this will not be the case. Control is the key word here.  Keeping on Track.  Watching out for road blocks.   Life is full of care strategies.   Fun!

Lucas has also moved alot of his goal posts about too - he is showing alot more traits and features than before.

I spend my life attending meetings and Support Groups and Social Workers - all with the aim to "control and guide Lucas" to ensure he has the best of everything!

Lucas spends alot of time in Lucas Land.   Sometimes he lets me in, others he put up a NO ENTRY sign.   As long as he is safe and happy, then he can go to Lucas Land.

Some days I think - hey everything's ok! - what is the point of all this stress - we are all ok!

AND then Others......   That sledgehammer gets me on the side of the neck and I realise - OK Houston we do have a Problem.     Its a mental problem....   I am useless at mental problems.... My brain does not like them!!!

Emotions.   Everybody needs them.  But believe me, the silent ones can be deadly!

Lucas will be changing schools in September...... GREAT!! - Watch this space - this is where all the "incidents" will be noted.

I have gained inspiration by reading about Clay Marzo and watching his YouTube Videos - if he can make it to the top of his field, then there is hope for Lucas and his friends too.   Google him.

I try and live with a Positive Attitude.... but this often fails (you have been warned).

I try to live with the Glass Half Full  - it empties alot and often gets knocked over, and the milk also spills too.

SO.... dear new Blog - welcome to your new life - of receiving the Pressure I will be throwing at you - and acting as my valve, helping me refill the glass (White Zinfandel Rose preferred) - and saving my poor friends on Facebook's Statuses too.

Love and best wishes to all my readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment