Thursday 28 June 2012

Week 4 of "The Course"

I signed up for a Course - An ASD for Parents Guideance type of course.
It is a 6 week course - every Thursday for 2 hours.

Today was Week 4.   I missed Week 3 - bad me! - but Lucas had a meltdown.   I could not face it last week.

I went this week!  - I was a good girl!

This course, in my humble opinion, and only my opinion has been structured wrongly.   I think it should be 8 weeks long with 3 hours per session.   The "Instructors" are force-feeding us information and not giving us the opportunity to question it.   I feel it is a bit of a boot-camp.   I told a few people my feelings today - and was told, but they are volunteers, they need to cram all the info in, they care about us, one of them cried last week - so I shut up.   I think the course could have been structured more sensibly.  

We learned the 1 2 3 Magic technique today - google it!

"sarcasm tag on"    (its just common sense, but a Professor made money by writing a paper about it - she did say his name, but I darent put my hand up and ask again - as there is no time for questions!!!) "sarcasm tag off"  (sorry...)

I tried this new technique on Lucas.    Result?   He told ME - I have had 2 chances.... hmmm.... something wrong here!   Then when he reached the borderline, he looked at me and said.... "I love you mummy.... cute smile..."   I give up - I can't win can I?

Off to buy some ice-cream now.    I picked a bowl of raspberries from my canes.   They really need to go over some ice-cream.

Anyone want any?


1 comment: