Tuesday 4 September 2012

New School Day

Hi Everyone

Thank you to my friends for the good luck for his first day wishes - he really liked these :)

Ok... so! - how did the day go?  I hear you ask... It was not the perfect day - but I really did NOT expect it!

The Morning was lovely, everything went smoothly we had a nice breakfast with omelettes and yohurt drinks, Lucas looked really smart in his new uniform, we even took lots of photos, and had time to spare to chat about the day.

We have strict instructions that School starts at 8.55 - but no children must arrive before 8.45 - so - we parked the car at 8.40! - please note - we were EARLY on the first day! - brownie points please!!!

Lots of people were crowding around the gates and a stream of people were also walking towards Lucas' classroom - through the playground, so we joined the stream.

Lucas' Headmistress was individually welcoming everyone into their classroom - which I thought was lovely - and then Lucas dissappeared! - Bye Then!!!

I was assured he would be fine - and was sent on my way....

I found Nicky outside the gates with Louise (another Louise) so we had a really long catch up chat -  note comparing chat - it was about 1 hour and a half long - but it was lovely to catch up - Louise said she went to the Olympics Athletics so we all spoke about the Olympics - they both asked if I managed to get to the Tennis and meet my friend? - I said Yes :-)  - so I was able to share my Tennis Day with them - and show them pictures too - I calmly said - oh, and this is my friend, - this is what he looks like.... (showed them the pic below) - their reactions??

Priceless!!! - "Oh Wow!!!!" etc and lots of various other "female comments :-)"

It was nice to catch up - Louise nearly saw Usain Bolt but she had to leave early, but she said her day was magnificent too.

We also discussed the Equestrian and Modern Pentathlon too - Nicky's Oldest Son is in the Navy and he was stationed at Greenwich Park working the Equestian and MP events - she said he had the best time ever! - of course we did not see him when we went - but that was a great venue.

The Olympics were our "Planned Family Holiday" - Louise went to Corfu - Nicky went to South of France.

So that was the morning - which was stressful - but ended lovely - chatting with my Coffee buddies.

I got home and fell asleep! - 3 hours later woke up and went to pick up Lucas.

I had major problems picking up Lucas at his previous school - these were finally sorted out with the help of his old teachers - I had sub-consciously forgotten about them...

They returned with vengence tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - (great!) - ok in hindsight - it was nice seeing him play with friends, but it was not nice to see Lucas turn into a monster as soon as I approached him or asked him to leave with me - these are all standard ASD traits, and I know this now (as I have been on lots of courses) - but Dear Blogland - it does really hurt when all the other children go up to their parents like little angelic lambs, and I get the Tasmanian Devil coming towards me at full power.

BUT I have been on the courses!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I have the power to fight the ASD Trait (allegedly!) - I tried the 123 Magic! - of course it failed on me!

I tried yelling at him - in front of all the other new mums and dads - yep - they now have me labelled as a yeller (that failed too)

When we finally got out of the school grounds - he was still in Dr Jekyll Mode - so, I calmly said - I was going to take you to McDonalds as a treat after school for your first day - but you have been horrid - so we are not going now.  and I kept my word! - yes I felt mean, but I also felt hurt!

It worked!!! - shock horror surprise - 1 hour after getting home - Lucas came and apologised to me! - I am going to write it down.... oh I just have!

We then had a lovely evening - I have set some ground rules - Hopefully Lucas will take notice and realise I mean business - and maybe he will get a McDonalds Treat tomorrow!!!!

We shall see

Good Night Blogland!

No comments:

Post a Comment