Tuesday 3 July 2012

Eczema Strikes Back!

Yesterday I defeated the Depression Gremlin! - yay - ok I managed to cram him into a cupboard and lock the door.   Hopefully he will stay away for a few days.   (thank you for your support).

This morning was a busy day for Lucas - he is in "School Transition" - Scary!!! - this means he is going up to his new school a lot this week to get to know his new teachers - and the days he doesn't go to his new school,  his new teachers come down to his school.  Its nice they are doing this - and they have also arranged extra sessions for Lucas and some other Spectrum Children, to make the transition fun for them

So far so good.... Lucas seems to be happy..... everything is fine!

This morning - I got Lucas ready for school - and he said - Mummmieeeee I am really itchy.....

The alarm bells started to ring, I looked at his chest, and he was covered in a rash - and spots too! - big spots.   I recognised the rash as Eczema, as he had this as a baby, and 3 year old, but this had disappeared.

This morning it returned.    My brain went into First Aid Overdrive..... of course the spots did not disappear when I ran a glass on them, I spent 20 minutes on hold to the Dr booking an appointment - I won a prize! - I won a 11.15am appointment!!

I took Lucas to school, we were already late, so I went straight to sign the Naughty Parents Late Book -and spoke to the HeadMistress too saying he had a Doctors Appt at 11.15.   She was great! - really understanding!!! - and also said, pick him up at his new School, he will be there ready for you.  

Had to cancel my Coffee Morning.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! - but Nicky was understanding, and then told me about the children she knew with Chicken Pox -  NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO I don't want Chicken Pox!! - please just ezcema.... - we put in a good word for Ezcema.

Picked Lucas up from his new school to be... wow - that is one way to meet his new Headmistress - and she told me - take him back to his current school :) - its ok it is walking distance between them.

Lucas was very very very good waiting at the Doctors.   Luckily he only had to wait 2 or 3 minutes! - maybe they have flagged his notes?  Maybe - it would be nice to think so.  We were straight in.

The Nurse had a look at Spotty.

NO CHICKEN POX, NO Meningitus (phew) - "just spots" - but lots of Exzema errupting - has he got any life changing or worrying events coming up?  

Oh let me think...... HE IS CHANGING SCHOOLS - yep that's the trigger.

Now I have gallons of sludge emollion cream (it is really yucky) and some hydrocortizone cream too - I really do not like him having this.... but hey.

SO - that was my day.   Lucas was a little angel - itchy and scratchy but very lovely.

Coffee has been deferred to TOMORROW!

Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment