Sunday 1 July 2012

Social Networking - a mathematical lesson.

I am addicted to Facebook.

There you go - I have admitted it - I should join a Group - maybe I should get Therapy.

The reason I am so addicted as it is a connection to all my friends.   It stops the loneliness of being a stay at home mum.

It is my choice to be a stay at home mum, but to be honest there is no choice I have to be one.   

Facebook allows me to keep in touch with all my long-lost friends.   I have dreams that I will meet up with them again - and I have goals to make sure these dreams are reality.

My American Friend is in China - and crazily now she is in China, thanks to Social Networking, we are in more communication that ever before - on a daily basis - its like virtual Starbucks when we chat.   Social Networking is a really amazing technology - one I admit I am 100% addicted to.

Sharing and RTing

Free Publicity Rules!   One small Click by Man, is one huge Click for Mankind.

Sharing and RTing is an amazing way of getting the message across and "spreading the word"

I only have 68 friends on FB (I need to protect Lucas' photos) and 16 Followers on Twitter (louiselp333) as after all there's no point following me - as I am usually lost too.

Sharing in my mind works as follows.

I share something with my 68 friends.   Some of my friends have 250+ followers (wow!) so if  just 1 of those share my share, the viewing of my item has increased to 300+ - and if one of those 250 followers also shares  - the viewing has increased to 750+ and wow if more than one of those friends shared - my head cant take the math... but hopefully you can see how one tiny click can literally "spread the word!"  a real ripple effect.

RTing with Twitter has the same effect - and wow some people have incredible following numbers.

Don't you just love the potential of Social Networking?   

The Ants are Spreading the word around!

Told you this was a ramble-post.

It is Middle Sunday at Wimbledon.   I am a tennis fan, and I live 25 minutes from London (1 hour 25 minutes from Wimbledon) - I would love to have seen some of the matches - but there is no way I am prepared to camp for 2 days to see a tennis match.   British Tradition has now made this "Queue" impossible.

The Olympics are coming to Wimbledon in 3 weeks - and I have seen the Player List - and all the players of interest will be back at SW19 and thanks to my WONDERFUL Swiss friend - I have a ticket too!!!!  

Thank you thank you thank you and I am counting the days to seeing you again.

End of Ramble Post.

Love and Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment